Tuesday, October 25, 2016

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry

Chelsea's Writing Prompt #2: What really makes you angry about the world? 



Well, gosh, darn diddly! If you've ever seen or heard me angry, you're definitely one of a very select handful of people. The last time I really gave it to someone was back when I handled auto claims. A towing company had kept our insured's vehicle hostage for over a month and I finally released a backlog of pent up fury on the owner. For the most part, I internalize a lot of my feelings. Writing has been a blessing for me - a way to express my emotions without inevitably getting tongue-tied. 

But, I guess I'm avoiding the question. What does make me angry about the world? Here are a few things I came up with after quite some time: 

  • drivers who zigzag in and out of traffic without regard to the safety of others
  • people who don't take care of themselves; who don't see their own potential and waste away their time doing things that don't bring them happiness
  • those who take advantage of the goodwill of others
  • discrimination 
  • litter 
In short: a lack of respect for oneself and/ or others. Man, that boils my blood! I want to see people trying to be their best and supporting others. Pick someone up when they fall down! Accept your faults and work at being a person that you're proud of! Love yourself, love others, and be loved! We all have struggles and I think the world would be a whole lot better off if we could get along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment