Friday, October 28, 2016

Thank Ye

Chelsea's Writing Prompt #3: What do people thank you for? 

I like to listen and I like to write. And when I listen to someone's stories or when I write someone a genuine letter, I feel their gratitude. 

In my job as a claims advisor, I listen to people's stories every day. I let them vent their frustrations and I acknowledge their concerns. I am constantly on the phone with people in order to investigate losses and do what's within my power to get our Insureds' lives back to normal. It can be rewarding job!

When I was writing for Blake Beyond Borders on a more consistent basis, I would get messages from people when a story really resonated with them or helped in some way. Especially where I'm not a very vocal person, being able to share my own stories on my preferred platform helps me cement my thoughts and feelings, and I will always been happy to hear when they help someone else. 

Showing compassion and treating people with respect was at the foundation of my upbringing and for good reason. It creates the bonds that hold together family and friends, and attracts people with the same values. 

No comments:

Post a Comment